Coming up with content ideas for your blog or social channels can be especially tricky during the busy holiday season. To help, we’ve compiled a list of topics you can expand upon, from winter-related themes to Christmas, and even some general information and real estate-related topics. Find December’s topics below to get started, or click on any month of the months listed for additional ideas!
Tip: Don’t fall into the same old content patterns. Use a mix of links, text, images, gifs, videos and downloads to keep your pages fresh.
Holidays and Occasions
December is full of a wide variety of holidays and occasions. Some of the winter holidays you can create content around include Hanukkah (beginning December 3), Winter Solstice (December 21), Boxing Day (December 26), Kwanzaa (beginning December 26) and New Year’s Eve (December 31). Here are some of the other December occasions and some content ideas you can create around:
Winter – Dec. 21-March 20
- Tips to keep your home warm
- Stovetop potpourri recipes
- Seasonal activities/venues near you
National Roof Over Your Head Day – Dec. 3
- Share how you’re celebrating with #RoofOverYourHeadDay
- Find and share the location of a local Christmas Giving Tree
- Let people know what supplies local shelters currently need
Poinsettia Day – Dec. 12
- How to grow a poinsettia
- Discuss the language of flowers
- The origins of poinsettia day
Christmas – Dec. 25
- DIY Christmas card ideas
- Where to get different kinds of Christmas trees
- Restaurants open on Christmas
Holiday content is great, but mixing in plenty of general interest topics can help keep your content well-rounded. Here are some topics that may be popular in December:
- Time management
- How to install laminate flooring
- Replacing a showerhead
- How to paint a room
- Highly rated pest control companies
- How to set a goal and follow through
- Basic drywall repair
It’s also important to discuss real estate topics on your blog and social networks. Some topics that may appeal to your audience include:
- Explain fair housing
- Winter moving tips
- Review popular real estate portals
- Explain shared equity mortgages
- How to prepare your home for sale
- Your area’s real estate market annual review
- Popular buyer/seller contract contingencies
We hope you’ve enjoyed our Content Ideas for Your Blog and Social Channels series, and that some of these ideas have helped you reach your content creation goals! If you need more help, or just don’t have the time to build your online presence, check out Homes.com Social Fuel to start connecting with buyers and sellers.
Patty McNease is director of Marketing for Homes.com. For more information, please visit marketing.homes.com.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmark RISMedia.com.
The post Toasty December Content Ideas for Your Social Channels appeared first on RISMedia.