One of the best methods for attracting new real estate agents to your company is to hold career seminars. If done properly, these can be a huge source of new recruit candidates and increase your sales revenue. You can also do these both online and offline, meaning you can hold a career seminar in your physical office and hold an online webinar to invite qualified candidates to learn more about a rewarding and profitable career in real estate.
Use this proven system for creating your on- and off-line career seminars and make your recruiting goals a reality.
- Conduct a career webinar. This allows all generations to attend your webinar and learn about how to get a license, as well as the services both you and your company offer to help train and coach them toward a successful sales career in real estate. The benefit of the webinar, too, is that you can record it and post it on your website or on your Facebook business page, allowing interested recruits the ability to watch it conveniently on their schedule. You can also email the link to prospective recruits to watch before setting up a meeting with you. This will help you qualify more leads and allow you to only meet with the candidates who heard the information on the webinar and are still interested and financially prepared for the next steps of going to school and starting a business plan with you. If you’ve never created a webinar, use Zoom or GoToMeeting. You can use your new agent recruiting presentation and talk while people listen and ask you questions online.
- Leverage social media to attract people to your events. Social media is a fantastic way to promote your office and initiate recruiting efforts through online sources. Create an office Facebook business page that you use to promote to consumers. On this page, use the Services template and create a “Service” for “Choose a Career in Real Estate” or “Join Our Team.” This is where you can start the promotion of your in-person office event or even promote your career webinar. Using LinkedIn for posting a sales job, taking to Instagram with a sign-up feature or posting to Facebook with a link to your landing page for signing up for career events or even a personal interview are all great ways to attract recruits. You can advertise and boost the ad on Facebook, and strategically, on-purpose, target specific cities and demographics for finding your next future superstar agents.
- Create a production and promotion timeline and invite. You want a tremendous turnout, so it’s important to have your entire event (either at your office or online) planned well enough in advance to ensure its success. Make a timeline and work backwards from the date of your event/webinar and set due dates for designing, printing and sending out postcards in the mail. Include the schedule for producing and posting your social media posts. Set the budget and create the ad and landing page for the Facebook and Instagram ads you’re going to run. Have the marketing pieces done and ready. Create the eFlyer you plan to send to your database, then launch your plan two weeks before the event. Make sure to promote this on your company website, and be sure to provide an easy way for attendees to register.
- Create a new agent recruiting presentation. The best way to communicate your unique value proposition is to create a presentation for this event or webinar in PowerPoint or Google Slides. Use your company’s recruiting presentation, or create your own, and explain what a career in real estate sales looks like. Be sure to include information pertaining to earning potential, licensing requirements, your exclusive training, and, of course, your marketing and tools that will help them become successful quickly. You’ll want to explain the process and costs of getting licensed, and what they can expect from you during the process. I suggest radically differentiating yourself from your competitors by communicating your value and how you will personally invest in their success with business planning and getting them actively selling quickly.
- Create a takeaway document for events. Whether you hold an online or offline event, provide your attendees with something of value to take with them. You can email them the recorded version of the webinar and a checklist of steps you will take to ensure their immediate success, as well as the major marketing and training differentiators your company offers over competitors (this way, they’ll remember those items). You can also provide them with a copy of your recruiting presentation in a printed or digital format. The information you just provided them is a lot to take in all at once, and they’ll appreciate having the material to review again at a later time. You want them to remember all your major key points as to why choosing to partner with you is in their best financial interest.
- Gather information from attendees. During an in-person event at your office, I suggest having each attendee fill out a quick questionnaire that will help you know more about them, their motivation, their timeline for getting licensed, as well as their background. All of this is helpful when it comes to determining if they have the capacity, problem-solving and sales skills and financial resources necessary. You can have attendees on your webinar do this, as well, by sending them a pre-webinar questionnaire form on a landing page. They would fill it out before or after the event, and they can indicate if they would like to set up a private interview or call with you. You can use this language on both forms, so you can follow-up with attendees and set up the next call or interview.
Using career seminars or webinars will create lots of leads of candidates that may not get their license immediately, but will within the next few months. Some candidates you meet will get their license immediately and add revenue to your office. The best part is that you can accelerate your recruiting results by creating these opportunities on purpose because of the personal action you’re taking to bring new people into the real estate business. You’ll love the results, and you’ll hire your future top-performing agents through promoting a career in real estate and going out and recruiting people to your office on purpose. Good luck and happy recruiting!
For a copy of my exclusive Recruiting Assessment and Success Guide for Conducting a Career Seminar or Webinar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sherri Johnson is CEO and founder of Sherri Johnson Coaching & Consulting. With 20 years of experience in real estate, Johnson offers coaching, consulting and keynotes, and is a national speaker for the Homes.com Secrets of Top Selling Agents tour. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 844-989-2600 (toll free) or visit www.sherrijohnson.com.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmark RISMedia.com.
The post Real Estate Recruiting Tips: Career Seminars and Webinars appeared first on RISMedia.