Looking to add some new agents to your team? Millennials have a great deal to offer the real estate profession. They grew up in a digital age, making them great resources for how to adopt time- and money-saving technology in an increasingly technology-driven industry. Here are some suggestions on how to recruit and retain millennial real estate agents, assistants and consultants for your brokerage.
Why Hire Young Real Estate Agents?
Not only are millennials the largest pool of buyers currently in the real estate market, they’re also the largest pool of skilled workers looking for jobs. In fact, the millennial generation will make up half of the workforce by the year 2020. These young professionals have much to add to real estate brokerages and sales teams. They’re creative and full of energy, they like to work cooperatively, and they have their finger on the latest technological trends. Plus, they’re super savvy when it comes to social media, which is a must-have tool in your marketing kit.
Moreover, characteristics common in millennials go exceptionally well with a real estate career. Studies show that millennials:
- Prefer occupations where they can be entrepreneurial
- Don’t like to be micromanaged, but will take general guidance from managers well
- Prefer jobs that don’t require being present in an office during regular business hours
Given these traits and preferences, it’s clear that a career in real estate may be a great fit for this savvy, creative, social and highly-motivated generation.
Tips for Recruiting Millennials
Now that you have a better understanding of the unique skillsets that millennials bring to the table, the question remains: How do you attract the best and brightest to your brokerage firm? Here are a few of our top tips for attracting millennial real estate agents to your brokerage or real estate team:
- Harness the power of social media. Not only do two-thirds of first-time job seekers use social media to search for jobs, but 94 percent of recruiters are using social media in general.
- Create mobile-friendly sites. More than 85 percent of millennials have a smartphone. Anyone observing members of this generation out and about will likely see them surfing the web on their device. It’s also useful to notice how keen the concentration is for these individuals who scan the internet while waiting or dining.
- Emphasize company culture. Millennials are a particularly social generation. They want to enjoy their workplace. Focus on providing benefits that build community and make millennials feel their professional needs are taken care of.
- Utilize video. Using Skype for interviewing or creating recruitment videos for distribution on social networks are great ways to catch the eye of millennials.
All in all, if you want to attract young real estate agents to your brokerage, remember to consider their unique attributes, skills and preferences. You may need to make a few changes to accommodate the needs and desires of the millennial workforce, but it will be worth it if you’re able to harness the power of their unique and valuable skillsets.
Yazir Phelps is the chief marketing officer at Real Estate Express, a national leader in online learning for pre-licensing, continuing education and professional development. Phelps has over 18 years of experience in marketing, fueling growth at Fortune 500 organizations, and over five years of experience working directly with real estate professionals. Her extensive background in generating demand for products and services encompasses crucial strategies for a successful career in the field. To learn more, visit www.RealEstateExpress.com.
The post How to Attract Young Real Estate Agents to Your Brokerage appeared first on RISMedia.