We all know how beneficial it is when teams and team leaders are self-sufficient and manage their business independently; however, too much independence without a need for broker support can lead to retention issues, and there could be a disconnect in benefiting from the value proposition of your brand and in realizing the benefits of your culture. By providing tremendous value and support to your team and team leaders, you become an invaluable part of their business. Creating a mutually beneficial partnership will have teams using all of the broker marketing tools available and supporting your entire office, and will create strong loyalty.
Here are some ways to create engagement with teams that will keep them connected to you and your culture:
- Make sure your team members know how to use your marketing tools and all online technology. Do they know how to pull online leads from the website? Can they use your agent tools with ease? If necessary, hold team workshops to ensure their staff and team members know your company’s tools and use them with clients. Don’t just show teams these resources exist; show them how to use them to make money! This will not only lead to an increase in success for the team, but will also reengage them in the company’s core values and culture.
- Involve new team members in new agent training and office training. By doing this, you will provide valuable time-saving solutions to team leaders and ensure the new agent is receiving proper training from the brokerage. Team members will feel as though the company cares about their development as agents, and, in turn, increase their loyalty.
- Include your team leaders and their team members in your weekly sales meetings. This way, your teams are not unintentionally alienated from the rest of your office. This will breed a spirit of teamwork and success, as well as keep everyone informed about your latest initiatives and lead to more in-house sales opportunities.
- Recognize teams’ and individual members’ listing and sales successes. Work with the team leader to make sure they are maximizing training and coaching to help grow their team members. Both the team leader and agent on that team will thrive!
- Attend the team’s weekly or monthly sales meeting, even with your in-house mortgage or title rep. Ask how you can help grow their business and support their team. Present a topic of value. This keeps you connected with your teams and makes you invaluable to your agents.
To receive a copy of my “Adding Value to Teams Success Guide” or to hire me to speak, coach or consult at your firm, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sherri Johnson is CEO and founder of Sherri Johnson Coaching & Consulting. Johnson has 20 years of experience in real estate, and offers keynotes, consulting and coaching. Johnson is also the national speaker for Homes.com for Secrets of Top Selling Agents tour. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 844-989-2600 (toll free) or visit www.sherrijohnson.com.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmark RISMedia.com.